Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Showing library different then Ipod Library

So my computer crashed and had to be reset. I have 20k plus songs on my Ipod, with only about 1000 purchased from Itunes. (Most came from Cds i owned). Anyway, when my computer was reset my music library was saved and backed up. When I redownloaded Itunes I added that folder to Itunes and got the 20k songs back into itunes. I then plugged in my Ipod and it recognized it, but it was seperate from the Itunes library if that makes sense. If i tried to sync to the ipod from the itunes library it wouldnt download the few new songs. Its like its different or seperate, almost like the ipods library is different then the Itunes. How do i get it to sync or be one in the same. One thing I noticed is that when i click the device the ipod it shows all my playlists but i cant move songs from itunes in the playlist i can only make a new playlist in itunes under music playlist. Like i said, it seems like it is seperate. The ipod has like 21800 songs and the itunes has 22300 ish. Obviously its the same **** library but being read as seperate. I hope that makes sense. Any help would be awesome. Should i just erase the ipod completely and sync the itunes music library too it or what and how do i do that if theres not another way? Please help. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:36 PM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. It should be enough to set up your sync selections and sync. Existing content on the device will be removed and replaced with your selections. If you prefer you can restore the device first.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 23, 2021 11:25 AM in response to turingtest2

I already have the library in Itunes from a backup. But when it plug in ipod it doesnt sync with that library. It recognizes the ipod and ITS library but its like the Itunes library is separate from the Ipod library or something. It wont let me add anything from the Itunes library to the Ipod. Its weird. So i had no problem getting the music to Itunes from the backup on the computer. But no idea why the ipod isnt syncing and acting like the library is different.

Feb 23, 2021 11:41 AM in response to KCYoung1975

If you recover the entire state of the library from backup then it should be the same library as far as the device is concerned. If you recover the media into a new library then it will be considered as new with respect to the device even if the content is the same. As long as you have all of the media, and any other data you wanted such as ratings, play counts, and playlists, then you can restore and reload the device from your library.

tt2

Itunes Showing library different then Ipod Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.