Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages not in iPhone but all in iPad

My message history has always been enabled to keep messages 'forever' since I got my phone. After syncing both my iPhone 6S plus, 128 GB and iPad (5th generation) 32 GB, ALL my messages disappeared from my iPhone while they're still in my iPad. I have lots of memory available in both devices, iCloud is enabled, I have the latest update (OS14.4), checked all settings which I have not changed since before the sync, when I could view all messages across both devices. I restarted the devices, turned on and off iMessage and no, I do not want to restore my iPhone and loose all that I've changed. The texts are all somewhere, they are in my iPad. The Send & Receive setting is exactly the same in both devices with my phone number at the top. I am sure others have the same issue. Is anyone even reading this..?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:22 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 1:34 AM in response to norapatricia

You said:

• Enabled to keep messages 'forever' --> When did you enable this feature?
  • ALL my messages disappeared from my iPhone --> Are you using the correct Apple ID?
  • Cloud is enabled, --> Is iCloud enabled on both the devices?
  • have the latest update (OS14.4) --> Good.
  • restarted the devices --> Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  • turned on and off iMessage --> Is iMessage activated? Can you please check that? Mere Off and On sometime does not activate iMessage
  • The Send & Receive setting is exactly the same in both devices --> It can't be. On one, you would have enabled the iPad and on the other iPhone must have been enabled.
  • I am sure others have the same issue --> I am unable to understand this.

Feb 23, 2021 9:03 PM in response to SravanKrA

• Enabled to keep messages 'forever' --> When did you enable this feature? 2017
  • ALL my messages disappeared from my iPhone --> Are you using the correct Apple ID? Yes, only have one.
  • Cloud is enabled, --> Is iCloud enabled on both the devices? Yes
  • have the latest update (OS14.4) --> Good. :)
  • restarted the devices --> Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support - I have restarted the phone this way already though it was not frozen or stuck.
  • turned on and off iMessage --> Is iMessage activated? Can you please check that? Mere Off and On sometime does not activate iMessage Yes it is. Messages are blue when sent to iPhone users and green when using regular text. Is there another way to check this? Please let me know how.
  • The Send & Receive setting is exactly the same in both devices --> It can't be. On one, you would have enabled the iPad and on the other iPhone must have been enabled. Of course, but they have been linked to each other since I had them; with the cell number on the iPhone being first under this list, and my email second in both devices
  • I am sure others have the same issue --> I am unable to understand this. Meaning, someone else in the world must have this same issue as do I; so hopefully there are some answers to what am I doing wrong.

Thanks for reading this :D

iMessages not in iPhone but all in iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.