Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"InitialSkilld" will damage your computer.

This keeps coming up on my computer and it doesn't give me the option to put it in the bin. It just says 'Show in Finder' or 'OK' and every time i click either it doesnt do anything. How do i get rid of it??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 3:56 AM

I have fix following the steps:

1) Type /Library/LaunchDaemons in the Go to Folder search field

2) Delete com.InitialSkilld.plist and com.InitialSkilld.system.plist

3) Empty bin

4) Restart your computer

18 replies

Feb 23, 2021 9:20 AM in response to _Clouds

My iMac has this problem AND will not go online. Not by ethernet, not by wi-fi, not by hotspot to my phone. All other devices in the house are working fine. I have restarted my modem and wi-fi router. Is this connected to InitialSkilld?

I also deleted the app in the Library, but it didn't help. I can't go online to download virus software, because the computer won't go online. Help!

Feb 23, 2021 12:51 PM in response to louiefromplayavista

Having the same issue. I was able to get my kid's computer back online by going into System Preferences - Network - Advanced - Proxies. I disabled the proxy I found there and we're back on. Still can't get rid of the annoying InitialSkilld message - I've been through all the steps mentioned above and elsewhere, and it still keeps coming back. Will try Etrecheck later. Good luck!

"InitialSkilld" will damage your computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.