Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I transferred my music library to a new iPad and some songs will not download.

I transferred my music library to a new iPad and some songs will not download. The problem sees to be random; one track of a complete album that was either purchased from the iTunes store or previously added my Mac via CD. How can I download these remaining tracks?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:03 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 4:49 PM in response to jonesofAF

jonesofAF wrote:

I also have this question. It's crazy random. On the older MacBook, the error message I get when I click on the cloud icon with a line through it is "This item is not eligible for the iCloud Music Library." What does that mean? Why is it not eligible?? How frustrating!

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Typical reasons for exclusion are tracks that a too long, too short, too large, too low bit rate, duplicates, or purchased with a different Apple ID.

tt2

I transferred my music library to a new iPad and some songs will not download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.