Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Live stream problem

Let me explain a few things. From Church live streaming. my friend has iphone 6s, I have iphone 11. We both are using church's wifi (with good upload speed), sending next to each other. She live-streams to her FB account, I, to my FB account. I have compared ALL settings on her phone and my phone, similar. We both have AT&T for cell phone provider. Friend has NO problem live streaming, mine keeps freezing with message like " Wifi connection not strong get closer ".

Since we both use the same Wifi, same location, doing the same thing, I have to assume there is something wrong with my iphone. I have turned the phone on and off many times. Have reset the Wifi setting, someone was suggesting to reset the iphone, don't want to do that.

Any suggestion as what to try. BTW, I didn't have this problem looks like started from Oct-Nov.

Thanks Alice

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:00 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 25, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Metzmama

Hello Metzmama,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, while live streaming you're receiving a message that the Wi-FI connection is not strong get closer while the same person next to you with an iPhone has no issues.

First, to test, have your friend stop live steaming to see if it was causing your phone to slow down.

Are you only receiving this message when you're live streaming?

Does this happen in other apps besides Facebook?

When you have a moment, try testing on a different Wi-FI network to see if you experience the same issue. Let us know if that helped.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Feb 25, 2021 2:22 PM in response to barberlives123

Thank you for your reply.

1) Even if I am the only one live streaming in that location, same thing happens

2) Looks like happening, during Live Streaming

3) Not much problem when using wifi for Facetime OR using with laptop accessing the internet, even though have NOT used these features many times and for a long period.

4) Sometimes, the first 5 minutes I have that error 3-4 times, then looks like things get "Lubricated!" and then I don't have problem for next 20+ minutes

5) Before Live Streaming, I close ALL the open screens on my iphone, turn off/on the wifi / Turn the iphone off/on

of course, I am on "Do Not Disturb mode," receive calls from No One . . I even have lowered the quality of video to help with the upload.

6) This SAME problem happens when I am Live Streaming from home, I have a wifi extender, sitting very close to the router,

now, this could be my provider / my home wifi problem, but can't understand the scenario explained in the original note.

7) Last Sunday, the lady with iphone 6s was NOT present, used another person's Android, ran into different problem of screen freezing and livestreaming STOPing, at least in my iphone 11 case, after 2-3 seconds of pause, it continues the LiveStream.

Feb 25, 2021 2:59 PM in response to barberlives123

I have answered all the questions. I need to add that before getting a stronger signal (by switching our service to Spectrum and testing the upload speed), both my friend and I, used the 'hotspot' of another friend's phone, again the iphone 6s had No problem my iphone 11 had same issue. When one uses Hotspot, it is independent from Wifi.

Could you please check to see what software Update happened in Sept-Oct of 2020 ? as I had NO problem before that time. I saw some comment that there was a specific update of IOS that might have caused this problem, they were suggesting to RESET the iphone, which is something I am not willing to do.

Mar 3, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Metzmama

Hello Metzmama,

Thanks for providing us with more details!

What is the current iOS that your phone is currently using? Settings > General > About

Have you had a chance to test in another app that has live streaming other than Facebook?

To test, can you turn off Bluetooth and see if the issue persists?

When you tested with the Android phone were you using Facebook?

Thanks!

Iphone 11 Live stream problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.