Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A list of issues I have with my brand new iPhone 13 pro

Hi all,

many issues with my brand new iPhone 13 pro:

1. Video Playback not working: Apple TV+, Amazon Prime, Netflix... - it seems that I can't play DRM videos anymore. Already did a reset of network settings. Problem still exists. Other Apps without DRM are working.
  2. Apple Music lossless track skipping: as soon as I switch to lossless, music stops and is just skipping every track.
  3. Device Tracking: my family devices are not updating properly anymore. They are displayed with a huge delay (> 3-4h).
  4. Certain apps (video based, e.g. imgur) seem to be responsible for iphone overheating.

(problems exists in different wifi networks and also in cellular networks under iOS 15.0.2.)

Best regards

Tobi

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:31 AM

Thank you jdo_apple!

I finally decided to make a complete restore, not only a reset - which has solved the most important issues 1 and 2. I still have no clue what could have caused that on a completely new iPhone.

Issues 3 and 4 still exist but anyways I will mark this as solved.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 14, 2021 2:01 PM in response to Tobiibot

Hello Tobi,

We appreciate you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Did you restore from a backup or migrate your data over from another device? Delete a couple of the affected apps and apps that are contributing to the issue, restart your iPhone, then reinstall them. See if that has any impact on this.

Also, did you get a warning about your iPhone temperature? Make sure you review the article here for info that can help:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Get back to us with the results. Take care.

Oct 14, 2021 2:14 PM in response to M_Alva523

Thanks for your reply, M_Alva523.

I did the restore from my old device via iCloud backup. If I remember correctly the issues begun after updating to 15.0.1

Reinstalling apps: already tried, no change. Also tried: forced updating (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263) without access. My guess: 15.0.1. has more issues than we know and I need to reset and newly setup my iPhone. And this will be time consuming again...

Let's ignore the temperature issue since I'm not sure if this really is an issue of apple - could be that this can be fixes as soon as new updates for the apps are available.

The other points are much more important for me :-)

Oct 16, 2021 8:12 AM in response to Tobiibot

Hi there Tobiibot,

We appreciate you sharing these details and continuing to work with us here in Apple Support Communities. Since these issues have begun, have you tried resetting the settings on your iPhone? If not, we have a resource with information on this: Return iPhone settings to their defaults. We'd like to have you go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset and choose the option Reset All Settings.

We hope this helps.

Best!

Oct 16, 2021 10:03 AM in response to Tobiibot

Hello Tobiibot,

We're happy to hear that two of your issues have been resolved. Regarding the temperature issue, the resource we previously provided shares some insight on what can be the cause. For the Find My issue, we'd recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

A list of issues I have with my brand new iPhone 13 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.