Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube skipping to the end of the video in Safari

Hello,

Every now and then, when I click a YouTube video, it will just skip to the end of the video doing a fast-forward motion. I tried to clear cache, cookies. Tried to click at the start of the video but it still skips to the end. Tried to edit the url so it jumps pe to second 0 of the video, same thing happens. I have no addons for safari. I am using macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 with all the latest updates.

This seems to fix only if I restart my Mac.

Attached a picture to see what seems to be wrong. Anyone found a fix for this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 9:53 AM

Just posting an update with the fixes.

• one of them is to force quit the “coreaudiod” process using terminal or activity viewer
  • second is to reset NVRAM.

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 28, 2021 3:14 AM in response to DevTimo

Further discoveries: This happens on all video streaming platforms, not just YouTube. Facebook, Twitter or even video ads from different webpages. Still fixes after restart but don't know what causes it.

What I also discovered, that this also seems to happen on multiple browsers. So this is not a Safari only issue anymore.

Another find is that even iMovie has issues. I made a screen recording for you guys to see. Even when I was editing the videos I had issues in iMovie too. Video players like QuickTime, VLC work with no issues.

Youtube skipping to the end of the video in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.