Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App notificatons

Problem: Mail app notifications don't pop up when phone is locked also no notification on iwatch.

Reviewed: Notifications->Mail-> on notifications, 3 acocunts have:LockScreen/NotificationCenter/Banner on also have sound and show preview.

Tip: while phone is on an and unlocked, emails how up on top screen and sounds.

I reviewed more threads like this always recommended to view that mail app notifications are on also phone is not in DISTURB MODE. I am pulling my hair due it was working until last week. I replaced iwatch and after that also no more notifications in iwatch from mail app, others app shows notifications but not mail.

Please advise something meaningfull and that it works.

Thanks and appreciated

JP

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 10:49 PM

Hello Brian_P7,

I found the problem, yes it was me. Here comes the funny thing. Apple watch, for the mail app, has a ding or bell ding, that one my ear can't pick it. The notificiation popped up but I can't hear the ding or bell ding. I also researched and seems Apple doesnit give the option to personalize the ding sound for mail app in Apple watch.

As a matter of solution for the ding I can't hear, I performed next steps

Opened Watch app -> Notifications -> Mail App:

Changed options from "Mirror my iPhone to CUSTOMER.

In each account, I have 3, I set on HAPTIC.

Now, I don't hear the ding but watch set the haptic every time I get an email on Mail app.

SUGGESTION

I will be great to be able to change the ding in apple watch. For now, seems not possible due is "hard code" (no option to change it).

Thanks.

JP.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 10:49 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hello Brian_P7,

I found the problem, yes it was me. Here comes the funny thing. Apple watch, for the mail app, has a ding or bell ding, that one my ear can't pick it. The notificiation popped up but I can't hear the ding or bell ding. I also researched and seems Apple doesnit give the option to personalize the ding sound for mail app in Apple watch.

As a matter of solution for the ding I can't hear, I performed next steps

Opened Watch app -> Notifications -> Mail App:

Changed options from "Mirror my iPhone to CUSTOMER.

In each account, I have 3, I set on HAPTIC.

Now, I don't hear the ding but watch set the haptic every time I get an email on Mail app.

SUGGESTION

I will be great to be able to change the ding in apple watch. For now, seems not possible due is "hard code" (no option to change it).

Thanks.

JP.

Feb 27, 2021 9:54 AM in response to jospenacal

Hi jospenacal,

We understand you're not getting notifications from the Mail application in the Notification Center. We're happy to help.

To start, in Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, do you have it set to one of the options where it checks for new items in the background (Every 15 Minutes, or Every 30 Minutes)?

Here's some basics on configuring notifications in the meantime as well: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We look forward to your response. Cheers!

Mail App notificatons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.