Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Bubble notification pop up for mail only has disappeared

Hello. I have an iPhone 11. After I got an Apple Watch Series 7 and set it up and synced it to my iPhone, my notifications for mail are all messed up. Previously, just like with all my other apps, when I had new mail over any of my email accounts, a little red bubble with the number of unread emails I had would appear in the top right of the little app icon on my Home Screen.

now, the phone is still checking my email in the background like I’ve told it to, but I don’t know how many unread emails I have until I open the app. Note: I Do Not want a banner to come up everytime a piece of mail comes in.

As you can tell, I’ve been messing with my notifications for the mail app all over the place with no success. I’ve not been touching anything on my Apple Watch. How do I get just the red bubble to come back on my phone? Thanks for your help!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 10:17 PM

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

The red notification icon  appears at the top of your watch face when you have unread notifications. If you want to hide the notification icon, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Notifications, then turn off Notifications Indicator.

When you read or dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 10:17 PM in response to kitiekatt

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

The red notification icon  appears at the top of your watch face when you have unread notifications. If you want to hide the notification icon, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Notifications, then turn off Notifications Indicator.

When you read or dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone.

Red Bubble notification pop up for mail only has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.