Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro crashes when copying files from hard drive to Google drive folder

This happens every couple of days and is super annoying. See crash report below. MacBook Pro 2014, Big Sur 11.1. Google Drive 45.0.12.0. I use it for work, all my work files are stored there, so it installed so that it is integrated into my Finder. Example: I download a file to my standard Downloads folder, drag and drop it to a subfolder in my Google Drive, computer crashes and restarts.

Using Avast antivirus but have excluded the Google Drive folder and its cache.

While I am here, when I using MS PowerPoint (16.47) and I create and save a file in Google Drive, when I make further changes and go to save it again it gives me an error that the file can't by saved as it may be in use by another user etc. but that's impossible as it's not shared. I have to Save as... and save as a new version for every revision. Annoying. But I am thinking this might be related to the above.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 5:40 AM

It could be any of these:

com.google.drivefs.filesystems.dfsfuse
com.avatron.AVExFramebuffer
com.kairos.driver.DuetDisplay
com.avatron.AVExVideo

Avast does cause kernel panics (that's really all it does), but it isn't loaded at the time of this panic, so it didn't cause this one.

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 22, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Barney-15E

Hello

Back again unfortunately! Another few crashes since. I copied the dump but copied something meantime and lost it :-( . Anyway, I noticed that the DuetDisplay driver was there after I uninstalled it. I cannot locate this, have searched the Library folders at system and user level (LaunchAgents and LauchDaemons) with no luck. Any idea how I can find and remove the 'com.kairos.driver.DuetDisplay'? It's not in the normal 'login' items list in System Preferences dialog either.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro crashes when copying files from hard drive to Google drive folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.