Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive Strange Behavior on Monterey

I am using Monterey 12.2.1 and Google Drive Version: 55.0.3.0 (Apple Silicon). I have to quit the application and restart it daily because it prevents me from opening any files stored in Google Drive. After the restart normal operation returns. When it is in the failure mode, double clicking on a file (pdf for example) nothing happens - its as if I didn't click at all. Right clicking and choosing open does not work either. I can copy the file and paste it to a non-Google Drive location (desktop for example) and it opens normally.

Also - I am unable to use the search bar to find ANY files in Google Drive.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 8:52 AM

_accelerator_ wrote:

I am using Monterey 12.2.1 and Google Drive Version: 55.0.3.0 (Apple Silicon). I have to quit the application and restart it daily because it prevents me from opening any files stored in Google Drive. After the restart normal operation returns. When it is in the failure mode, double clicking on a file (pdf for example) nothing happens - its as if I didn't click at all. Right clicking and choosing open does not work either. I can copy the file and paste it to a non-Google Drive location (desktop for example) and it opens normally.

The current stable release of Monterey is macOS 12.3— I would start there.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

The verify your third party app is also up to date—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updtaes

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 8:52 AM in response to _accelerator_

_accelerator_ wrote:

The current stable release of Monterey is macOS 12.3— I would start there.

The verify your third party app is also up to date—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updtaes

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Google Drive Strange Behavior on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.