Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing third party usernames and passwords

I'm a new Mac user and would like to switch to using Keychain for usernames and passwords. I've used Dashlane for years, and have hundreds of usernames and passwords that I'd like to move in bulk. I can export my Dashlane file into CSV, JSON, and even a DASH file, but can't seem to figure out how to import a non-iOS file into Keychain. Anyone have a bright idea?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 11:11 AM

OK, so I figured it out. You have to go through Safari, not Keychain. I downloaded my Dashlane file into a CSV, then deleted all non-username/password data in the csv (personal info, CC's, notes, etc). From there, I updated headers to the following: "url", "username", "password". Make sure the url is the full address to include https: //www.<yourwebsitehere>.<whatever>. I then imported to Chrome using this method before quitting Chrome. From there, I was able to import to Safari by opening Safari and using the File>Import From>Google Chrome option. After letting that run, passwords were in Safari as well as Keychain.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 11:11 AM in response to PRP_53

OK, so I figured it out. You have to go through Safari, not Keychain. I downloaded my Dashlane file into a CSV, then deleted all non-username/password data in the csv (personal info, CC's, notes, etc). From there, I updated headers to the following: "url", "username", "password". Make sure the url is the full address to include https: //www.<yourwebsitehere>.<whatever>. I then imported to Chrome using this method before quitting Chrome. From there, I was able to import to Safari by opening Safari and using the File>Import From>Google Chrome option. After letting that run, passwords were in Safari as well as Keychain.

Importing third party usernames and passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.