Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo stream backup

Hi, tried to invite a friend to my old iCloud photo stream and accidentally deleted it. This would be a problem except some of the photos on that stream were deleted on my iPad to save space, making theme exclusive to the stream. I’ve tried going to Recently Deleted on my device and iCloud.com and nothing is showing up; seeing backup history on Finder wasn’t successful and it was loading forever. Any tips/suggestions?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 6:31 AM

Hello MidCentury43,

It sounds like you are looking for photos deleted from your device and My Photo Stream. Here are some resources that might help:

Do you have these photos located on a different device? If so review My Photo Stream

• "When you delete a photo from My Photo Stream on one device, the photo is removed from Photos and iCloud. The photos that you import from My Photo Stream to your other devices won’t be deleted."

Review these additional steps If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

If you are still unable to locate these photos, you can Contact Apple Support.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 6:31 AM in response to MidCentury43

Hello MidCentury43,

It sounds like you are looking for photos deleted from your device and My Photo Stream. Here are some resources that might help:

Do you have these photos located on a different device? If so review My Photo Stream

• "When you delete a photo from My Photo Stream on one device, the photo is removed from Photos and iCloud. The photos that you import from My Photo Stream to your other devices won’t be deleted."

Review these additional steps If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

If you are still unable to locate these photos, you can Contact Apple Support.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

iCloud photo stream backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.