Photo stream is going away. Do i have to go in to save my pictures? Will the pictures be uploaded to icloud. What is the "will delete from icloud in 30 days?

With photo stream going away do I save my pictures to my iPhone? Will the pictures on my phone be deleted? Will those saved photo stream pictures that I save be automatically be saved to the cloud?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 11:21 AM

Have you been using My Photo Stream previously? If you have not used this particular cloud service, , there is nothing to worry about. iCloud Photos and Shared albums will continue to work as before.

My PhotoStream has always stored the photos only for 30 days in iCloud. There is nothing new in this warning. It has been a buffer where new photos have been stored in iCloud for 30 days, so we could download them to our devices and save them there. What is new ist that this service will be stopped and no longer available after July 26.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 11:21 AM in response to dc-associate1224

Have you been using My Photo Stream previously? If you have not used this particular cloud service, , there is nothing to worry about. iCloud Photos and Shared albums will continue to work as before.

My PhotoStream has always stored the photos only for 30 days in iCloud. There is nothing new in this warning. It has been a buffer where new photos have been stored in iCloud for 30 days, so we could download them to our devices and save them there. What is new ist that this service will be stopped and no longer available after July 26.

Photo stream is going away. Do i have to go in to save my pictures? Will the pictures be uploaded to icloud. What is the "will delete from icloud in 30 days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.