Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant download iphone and ipad apps on my m1 mac

when I try to download any iOS or iPadOS app on my m1 MacBook Air, it won't even begin to download. I just bought this machine and I don't know if I can solve this problem or if it's a problem of the device.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 9:42 PM

I figured out how to get it to work. You have to create a new user account (name it something different from your main account) make it an administrator user and then try to download the apps from that new user account and it should work once you download an app from that new user account you can go back to your main user account and see if the apps you downloaded from the new user account are there if they are try to download some iOS compatible apps from your main user account if it works you can delete the test user account and you should be good.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 9:42 PM in response to mglmntz

I figured out how to get it to work. You have to create a new user account (name it something different from your main account) make it an administrator user and then try to download the apps from that new user account and it should work once you download an app from that new user account you can go back to your main user account and see if the apps you downloaded from the new user account are there if they are try to download some iOS compatible apps from your main user account if it works you can delete the test user account and you should be good.

Feb 26, 2021 7:34 AM in response to mglmntz

I have the very same issue. Refurbished Macbook Air M1. Got it yesterday. Set up a new computer.

I can download Mac apps but none of the ipad or iphone apps displayed under iphone+ipad apps tab I purchased:

I click on the "cloud-arrow down" symbol nothing happens.

If I click on the name of the iphone/ipad app I see the details. If I click the cloud symbol there I see the circle swoosh for 2 seconds and then it is back to the clow symbol.

I am in conversation with Apple support. Had been talking to three different people. No one so far that could help

This is rather frustrating.

i cant download iphone and ipad apps on my m1 mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.