Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF attachments

I have never had any problem opening PDF email attachments on my iPhone 8 but suddenly today I’m getting an error message saying to try again later. I’ve tried all of the suggested fixes, don’t have any of the apps known to interfere and have not installed any new apps. I can still open older PDF attachments.

my iOS is updated to 14.4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Check if an update for Gmail app is available in the App Store and install it if any found . Delete and reinstall the app. If still no luck, report the issue to Google; it’s their app that needs a fix.

4 replies

Feb 25, 2021 2:06 PM in response to javaliga

It might be a Gmail app issue. I use the Gmail web app on both my phone and laptop.. PDFs can open on my laptop today, but not on my phone. I added my Gmail address to my iPhone mail app and I was able to open them.

It is odd that it”s only today’s PDFs and that all of the previous emails sent as recently as two days ago, still open fine.

PDF attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.