Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment and Shipping Edit Button Greyed Out

So the other day I wanted to buy something on my phone and I went to the game and clicked the button to buy the item. However it said that I had to verify the card. When I went to verify it, it was the wrong card. So I went to my Apple ID and went to Payments and Shipping. There’s a button on the top right that says edit, but it’s greyed out and I believe it’s due to my phone having family sharing on. So I went to my family sharing and I saw that my Mom was the one I am sharing with, but it’s her old phone. I need help to either turn off family sharing or be able to change my card info some other way. I am on an IPhone 8. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:27 PM

If you are a member of Family Sharing, you can't add your card. The organizer's card is the only card allowed.

Family Sharing - Leave.          

Buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

Apple Card   

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 2:27 PM in response to DeathTrooper02

If you are a member of Family Sharing, you can't add your card. The organizer's card is the only card allowed.

Family Sharing - Leave.          

Buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

Apple Card   

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Payment and Shipping Edit Button Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.