Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot changes color

Why are my screenshots a different color than the video I’m screenshoting them from?!?? I’ll pause my video, take a screenshot and the screenshotted picture comes out a really bright edited version of that specific part of the video I’m trying to capture. This didn’t happen on my iPhone XS Max. I have the 12 Pro Max and this problem is driving me INSANE. PLEASE HELP.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 7:42 PM

It only happens when I take a screenshot of a video I took with the iPhone camera. If I take a video on Snapchat or any other app rather than the main camera app it doesn’t happen.

12 replies

Apr 25, 2021 9:13 PM in response to Emi1313

i took my phone in the apple store and was told "this is just what they do."

i said my iphone x doesnt do it. its never done it on any other iphone and considering i bought the 12 for the supposed camera upgrade this is unacceptable.

i downloaded a few different camera apps and the problem didnt happen when using them. so the proble m is obviously with the apple camera app software.

hopefully it can be fixed with an update. or ill just buy an older iphone.....or an android.

Apr 6, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Sethaustin99rm

Sethaustin99rm Said:

"Screenshot changes color Yeah it’s terrible. I hope they fix it in an update soon"

-------

Leave Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: This seems to be a commonly reported bug in these forums. So, let Apple know about this bug.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring, and what needs to be fixed.

Giving Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment on: When you came across this bug, and how you have troubleshot it thus far
  4. Proceed From there as necessary

Feb 28, 2021 3:22 PM in response to Sethaustin99rm

Hey Sethaustin99rm,

We understand that with your iPhone 12 Pro Max, you'll take a screenshot and then in the Photos app, that screenshot is brighter than expected. Does this happen with any app or screen you take a screenshot in? We'd like to know if it happens in multiple apps or screens

You'll want to ensure that your iPhone is fully updated to iOS 14.4. If there is an update available, you can see how to update here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can also see if restarting may help with this issue: Restart your iPhone It can seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes resolve issues.

Take care!

Apr 6, 2021 7:57 PM in response to Sethaustin99rm

Sethaustin99rm Said:

"Screenshot changes color No I haven’t been able to fix it. It seems like some type of ‘beauty’ filter that tries to smooth everything out. [...] I lose the quality of my main camera which is the reason I bought the phone. Really aggravating."

-------

Showing This to Is:

Using the camera of another device (your laptop even) take some photos of your iPhone and it's red screen, and attach it to a reply of this post.

Screenshot changes color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.