Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store App can no longer install or upgrade apps in Mojave?

A few days ago, there was an update for an App Store app.

When I tried to download the update the progress indicator spun for several minutes, then stopped.

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Same thing. Endless spinning.

I have been retrying over the past few days. Nothing.

Today, I tried deleting all the App Store app's preferences. Same.

I tried downloading the app on my wife's MacBook Pro, same model, same OS X 10.14.6.

Same thing. App Store progress indicator spun for several minutes. Then stopped.

It did the same thing for a pending update, too.

This may be a byproduct of the recent Security Update.

And NO, I am not "upgrading" to Big Sur. I'm running a number of 32-bit applications that are essential to my business. There will be no 64-bit versions.

FRUSTRATING!

How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:35 PM

Someone has suggested to open the Activity Monitor in Utilities while the App Store is open.

Search for appstoreagent, highlight, double click the process and then quit the process in the resulting window. Quit Activity Monitor.

Quit & reopen the App Store. Others report that you should now be able to download.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Mr. Reeee

Someone has suggested to open the Activity Monitor in Utilities while the App Store is open.

Search for appstoreagent, highlight, double click the process and then quit the process in the resulting window. Quit Activity Monitor.

Quit & reopen the App Store. Others report that you should now be able to download.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

App Store App can no longer install or upgrade apps in Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.