Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can any of you decipher what this problem report is telling me about my computer?

The past couple of days my computer has been periodically restarting because of a problem. I looked through the problem report, and this is what it tells me:

Can anyone decipher this? Thanks in advance for any help given.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:57 PM

Let's try these steps:

See if this fixes your restarting issue. If not, we will try more steps.

Cheers,

Jack

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 4:57 PM in response to overground55

Let's try these steps:

See if this fixes your restarting issue. If not, we will try more steps.

Cheers,

Jack

Feb 26, 2021 2:48 PM in response to overground55

Hi overground55,

Thanks for the report. However, we also need an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful app to diagnose issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Go to the Mac App Store and search for "EtreCheck."
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app; as it is on the Mac App Store, and only trusted apps can be submitted.
  3. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211 We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.
  4. If it asks for Full Disk Access, follow the prompts to enable it.

Also run Apple Diagnostics -  Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support Please post the Reference code when done.

Please post results of both!

Cheers,

Jack

Feb 26, 2021 3:41 PM in response to Jack-19

Hey Jack,

Here is the EtreCheck:

I tried over a dozen times to get the Apple Diagnostics test to run, without success. I'm not sure if that in itself is indicative of a problem, or if it's just user error. I bought this computer second hand about two weeks ago, and before making the purchase, I ran the apple diagnostics test successfully, and it said no issues were found on the computer. Hopefully in the time since then, whatever issues may be causing my computer to run Kernel Panics will be revealed in my EtreCheck.

Thanks for your help.

Mar 9, 2021 3:31 PM in response to Jack-19

Hi Jack,

Sorry about the delayed response. I wanted to get back to you with an update. I purchased some new RAM, and replaced the previous RAM that had been installed in the computer. Since installing new RAM, my computer hasn't given a kernel panic once, so I think this may have solved my issue, although if I start getting issues again, I'll return to this thread. Would that be the best solution, or should I simply create a new thread since a few weeks have passed since I opened this one? Thanks again for your help.

Can any of you decipher what this problem report is telling me about my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.