Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Not Charging

Hi Everyone,

Last night I have updated my MacOS to Big Sur 11.2.2 and I am facing a very bad situation with battery charging. It is showing me battery is not charging even showing the charger plugged sign above the batter icon. I found somewhere that I need to disable the battery optimisation option to resume the battery charging but unfortunately I am not getting the option to disable this. If anybody can help me out kindly help me as soon as possible. I appreciate your help and support.

Regards

Naresh

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 6:31 AM

Check System Preferences > Battery. If it says charging on hold in the upper left, that’s normal. Clicking on battery in the sidebar of that preference pane is where the optimization checkbox is, but M1 Macs don’t have it.

This is your Mac trying to extend battery lifespan. If you feel you always want the battery to charge to 100%, use it on battery more often.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 6:31 AM in response to nareshchhabra

Check System Preferences > Battery. If it says charging on hold in the upper left, that’s normal. Clicking on battery in the sidebar of that preference pane is where the optimization checkbox is, but M1 Macs don’t have it.

This is your Mac trying to extend battery lifespan. If you feel you always want the battery to charge to 100%, use it on battery more often.

Battery Not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.