Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing DNG RAW files on iPhone 12 Pro Max - why can't I convert to JPEG on the phone?

It seems a waste of time to edit Apple ProRAW DNG files in the Photos app on the iPhone 12 Pro Max, since when I transfer them to my desktop computer and open them in Photoshop or Lightroom my edits on the phone are not retained and I have to start over again. It would be VERY convenient to be able to save the edited photos as JPEG on the phone, as I love the way the edits look. Is there a solution?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 11:44 AM

By poking around, literally, I discovered how Apple handles this. It seems that if I upload a ProRAW DNG file to my Google Drive (my usual way of transferring photos to my desktop PC), it is saved as JPEG. Meanwhile, I can upload DNGs unaltered by moving them with Windows Explorer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 11:44 AM in response to runbei

By poking around, literally, I discovered how Apple handles this. It seems that if I upload a ProRAW DNG file to my Google Drive (my usual way of transferring photos to my desktop PC), it is saved as JPEG. Meanwhile, I can upload DNGs unaltered by moving them with Windows Explorer.

Editing DNG RAW files on iPhone 12 Pro Max - why can't I convert to JPEG on the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.