Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink account

I’m using my moms old phone, which is somehow still has her apple account logged into it. I logged in with my and test thing in settings but instead the 2 accounts got linked and I can’t update my apps because I need my moms password to log in and she even receives emails on my purchases

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 5:53 PM

Your first want to go to settings… Your name… Sign out and select to sign out of iCloud in store.

After you’ve signed out of the Apple ID you will need to go to settings… General… Reset… Erase all content and settings. This will have you set the iPhone up again fresh so you can sign into your own Apple ID and only have the one Apple ID being used.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Jparagas21

Your first want to go to settings… Your name… Sign out and select to sign out of iCloud in store.

After you’ve signed out of the Apple ID you will need to go to settings… General… Reset… Erase all content and settings. This will have you set the iPhone up again fresh so you can sign into your own Apple ID and only have the one Apple ID being used.

Unlink account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.