Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google maps location sharing says iPhone is offline even when it is not?

I share my location via Google maps with boyfriend but when they look for my location using their Google Maps application on their android phone it sometimes shows me and sometimes it shows my phone as being "offline". A chunk of the time shows me offline when I don't use my phone for a lil bit like I am asleep or something l

This despite my phone is NEVER offline. I leave it on most the time and turn it off for a rest every couple of days 

This only started happening when I switched from my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my iPhone 12 Pro Max two or three months ago and have tried anything I see to try and nothing is getting it to work right. 

All settings have been checked so please don't go through the basics and suggest that. 

Because I looked and I have the allowed location to be shared with the Google Maps app ON: I 

Turn Location Services and GPS on my iPhone and checked another 2 spots.

It is making me major upset it's not working right and has caused huge fights at home because my boyfriend thinks I am doing something I shouldn't and turn it off...... I turned it on and have not once went offline or turned it off myself..... this needs fixed NOW!!!

Something has changed either in the iOS operating system or Google Maps for iPhone. 

Can ANYBODY shed some light on why this is happening? 

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 1:31 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Google maps location sharing says iPhone is offline even when it is not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.