Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing invite won't clear

I was sent an invite for Family Sharing which never appeared on my phone so my other half sent it again, it then appeared on my phone and I accepted and it all worked.

I've now logged on to my iMac and it tells me I've got an outstanding invite, which I can't clear - if I try to accept it tells me I'm already part of a family and must leave first. If I decline it just goes back to the Family Sharing screen with the invite still there.

I've tried leaving the Family Account and then accepting the invite, which works, but the invite stays there.

My other half has tried removing from the Family Sharing account and I can click on the invite and adds me back in ( kind of scary as it means they can't ever get rid of me as the stuck invite allows me to rejoin at any time...), but the invite stays in System Preferences in my iMac.

I've logged out and back in again to iCloud.

Any ideas how to clear this as I've got a constant notification bubble on System Preferences which is rather annoying?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 2:52 AM

I retried declining the invitation a couple of days later after the iMac had been restarted several times in the interim and this seemed to remove the outstanding invite.

Not sure if it was just the elapsed time or several reboots of the iMac, but the end result was it did clear as expected.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 2:52 AM in response to JM m

I retried declining the invitation a couple of days later after the iMac had been restarted several times in the interim and this seemed to remove the outstanding invite.

Not sure if it was just the elapsed time or several reboots of the iMac, but the end result was it did clear as expected.

Mar 2, 2021 4:35 PM in response to JM m

Hello JM m.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’ve tried to remove a Family Sharing invite that you’ve accepted but unable to do so. We’re happy to help.

We appreciate the troubleshooting that you’ve completed. We’d like to have you do some troubleshooting to isolate the cause.

Let’s set up a new user account using the steps here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support Are you able to remove the invite?

We also recommend using the steps here to see if you can remove the invite: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

family sharing invite won't clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.