Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem updating to macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 on my 2019 MacBook Pro

• I have tried several times to update to macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 without success. Each time when it gets to 15 minutes remaining my 2019 MacBook Pro seems to freeze. I have even left computer on overnight to see it the update would be loaded; it did not load.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:20 AM

A couple of methods. Shutdown Router then same to computer. Disconnect all external drives. Restart Router and connect computer via Ethernet Cable ( Wifi is iffy ) Restart computer in Safe Mode ( Shift ) - immediately at startup. It does Repair Disk, Clears cache and only loads Apple Software and Fonts. Load slowly - normal. Try again and if possible do not let computer to go into Sleep or Screen Saver mode.

If over Wifi - same as earlier except Disconnect All Other devices using the wifi - what the Max Bandwidth for this computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:20 AM in response to vth0k1efan

A couple of methods. Shutdown Router then same to computer. Disconnect all external drives. Restart Router and connect computer via Ethernet Cable ( Wifi is iffy ) Restart computer in Safe Mode ( Shift ) - immediately at startup. It does Repair Disk, Clears cache and only loads Apple Software and Fonts. Load slowly - normal. Try again and if possible do not let computer to go into Sleep or Screen Saver mode.

If over Wifi - same as earlier except Disconnect All Other devices using the wifi - what the Max Bandwidth for this computer.

Problem updating to macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 on my 2019 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.