Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud back up

I deleted files from my iCloud without backing them up on my computer first. My entire desktop has disappeared. I tried to restore the files on iCloud and still can't find them. How do I get them back?

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 8:39 AM

Hi jac132,

We see you've deleted some files that you're looking to restore. We'd be happy to help provide any info we can.

Deleting content from iCloud will delete it from any other devices that are being synced together. What type of content was it that you had deleted? For example, if it was some photos, you can check in the Recently Deleted album.

Some other types of content that you can explore recovering could include files from iCloud Drive, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks. For these, you would want to head to the iCloud site here: iCloud

The link should open to the Account Settings section, but select that from the main screen if not. Then, scroll down a bit and you'll see the noted restore options in the Advanced section.

We hope that helps out a bit, take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 8:39 AM in response to jac132

Hi jac132,

We see you've deleted some files that you're looking to restore. We'd be happy to help provide any info we can.

Deleting content from iCloud will delete it from any other devices that are being synced together. What type of content was it that you had deleted? For example, if it was some photos, you can check in the Recently Deleted album.

Some other types of content that you can explore recovering could include files from iCloud Drive, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks. For these, you would want to head to the iCloud site here: iCloud

The link should open to the Account Settings section, but select that from the main screen if not. Then, scroll down a bit and you'll see the noted restore options in the Advanced section.

We hope that helps out a bit, take care!

iCloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.