Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App doesn't pick up subscription from Apple ID

I have two apple ID's configured on my MacBook - the primary has a paying subscription to iCloud which is shared with my family. The second has subscriptions to Apple Music and a running free-one year of Apple TV+. Unfortunately, I have to manage two Apple ID's because as far as I'm aware there's still no way to merge apple ID's where the need arises. Anyway, that's a different gripe.

The issue is - the TV app on my Macbook doesn't recognise the subscription from my secondary Apple ID, even though the Music app does pick up the Apple Music subscription from the same Apple ID.

I may well be missing something that should be obvious, but I'm at a loss right now. Any help appreciated.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 11:34 AM

Hello lusitania_oriental,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We see that you're having issues accessing your Apple TV+ subscription on your Mac. First, sign out of the Apple TV app as described here and sign back in to see if it resolves the issue: Sign in to or out of the Apple TV app

Also, verify you're signing in with the correct Apple ID as described here: Change Media & Purchases preferences for your Apple ID on Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 11:34 AM in response to lusitania_oriental

Hello lusitania_oriental,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We see that you're having issues accessing your Apple TV+ subscription on your Mac. First, sign out of the Apple TV app as described here and sign back in to see if it resolves the issue: Sign in to or out of the Apple TV app

Also, verify you're signing in with the correct Apple ID as described here: Change Media & Purchases preferences for your Apple ID on Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Apple TV App doesn't pick up subscription from Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.