Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes track Information changes won't stay permanent!

Having spent well over a decade building an accurate iTunes Library, I'm now frustrated that many of my changes, particularly with respect to release dates of music tracks and correction of artwork that was not right when it was first downloaded, are reverting back to whatever they were when I downloaded them from either the internet or from CDs. Years of work is being slowly undone every time I hit "play." What changed? Is there any way to make my changes permanent? This only started happening with the last couple of system updates. It's a terrible waste of time to do hours and hours of historical research only to have it undone every time I want to play some music! Accurate release dates are important to me.

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 4:48 PM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes track Information changes won't stay permanent!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.