Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Resolution Downloads to PC

How can I download full resolution images from iCloud to my PC using the automatic download feature on iCloud for Windows? My images are typically around 5mb and dimensions 3024 x 4032. When I download them to my computer they are compressed to less than 1mb and dimensions 1536 x 2048.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 3:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Jess_Harris

Hi Jess_Harris,

It sounds like you're when you'd like to download higher resolution photos when using iCloud for Windows. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some assistance.

If you aren't getting high-resolution photos when downloading iCloud for Windows, can you get them directly from iCloud.com? Follow the steps in the section from "On your Mac or PC" in Download iCloud photos and videos. You can choose "Unmodified Original" from there. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Full Resolution Downloads to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.