Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I synced my iPhone 6 with my new iPhone 12, many missing songs/artists/albums - why?

I recently bought an iPhone 12 and synched it to my old iPhone 6. I discovered there is a lot of missing music. How do I get my music transferred to my iPhone12?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:18 PM

How did you "sync" your two iPhones? Did you use the Quick Start method?

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or use the syncing process described here (with or without an Apple music subscription):

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Is there anything in common with the songs that are missing? Were they all purchased? Leased with an AppleMusic subscription? Imported from a CD with a computer? Perhaps this article will help:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:18 PM in response to Scottnarli

How did you "sync" your two iPhones? Did you use the Quick Start method?

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or use the syncing process described here (with or without an Apple music subscription):

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Is there anything in common with the songs that are missing? Were they all purchased? Leased with an AppleMusic subscription? Imported from a CD with a computer? Perhaps this article will help:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

When I synced my iPhone 6 with my new iPhone 12, many missing songs/artists/albums - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.