Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro Freezing

Hi,

My M1 MacBook Pro freezes when moving files from one location to another. When I move a file from my Desktop to a folder in my Documents, finder freezes and loads but the file won't actually move. After a few tries the folder/file will move but that is with the freezing that comes with it.

I have deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist and restarted my mac but I still get the same issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 1:33 AM

Great - MalwareBytes is harmless and written by long time Contributor to these Forums. Other AV are an invitation to disaster.

As for Finder freezing - if not Returning under 14 Day Return Policy - Perhaps Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac

Similar questions

8 replies

M1 MacBook Pro Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.