Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking Mac to msn email

Yes; I have successfully deleted and added the MSN account in the past to re-establish the connection between MAC and MSN email ("you're account and password aren't recognized).

Now when I try that procedure I am asked and forced to disconnect from iCloud. This changes lots of settings, for example wiping away anything saved to the desktop.

I did a Time Machine backup to several days ago and that put everything back in order; including the inability to get the MAC to recognize my long-standing valid account and password.

Any ideas on how to delete and re-add an email account without disabling iCloud?

Or other work-around?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 6:56 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 2, 2021 10:06 AM in response to 2ndAveFlyer

MSN is not directly linked to iCloud.

However, MSN, Hotmail, Live.com and Microsoft.com are all often linked together as a single account much like iCloud is for iTunes and the App Store. If you are having trouble switching to a new kind of account, usually clicking on your initials in the upper right corner of the Microsoft page allows you to log off of that account, and then quit the program, and then reopen the program and login as a different account.

Sometimes, some accounts are stuck in your Keychain.

Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access and look for those account names you want to be forgotten by your system.

Use your Mac's admin password to remove those keychains.

If you forgot your Mac's admin password, see this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

Mar 2, 2021 10:25 AM in response to 2ndAveFlyer

2ndAveFlyer Said:

"Linking Mac to msn email: [...]Any ideas on how to delete and re-add an email account without disabling iCloud?

Or other work-around?"

-------

Avoid Deleting eMail:

Use a New App Password for MSN:

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on MailOutlook, and on other Apps. A new App Password fixed this.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Linking Mac to msn email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.