My email accounts on Apple's Mail after migration from iMAC Ventura 13.4.1 to MacBookPro samme OS.

I have tried to use the Apple Migration Assistan to copy my current iMAC 27" mid 2019 with Ventura 13.4.1 onto a MacbookPro 13" late 2019. All seems to work fine, but, the 3 email accounts I need badly, do not connect, seem like the problem is the Passwords did not migrate to that MacBookPro.

I have done the samme migration to another iMAC 21" and it worked fine, all 3 open and so on.

Does anyone out there that has an idea of why it does not work on the MacBookPro?

The problem too is, that is keeps asking me about the Passwords for each e-mail account, and I cannot even remember it. Where can one find the key-chain info on passwords. There is a single place under Settings/Key, but after loggin in as adviced, nothing is there. Where are they so, when they are actually working well on that 27" machine?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Ignacio

iMac 27″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 10:01 AM

adtelier wrote:

I have tried to use the Apple Migration Assistan to copy my current iMAC 27" mid 2019 with Ventura 13.4.1 onto a MacbookPro 13" late 2019. All seems to work fine, but, the 3 email accounts I need badly, do not connect, seem like the problem is the Passwords did not migrate to that MacBookPro.
I have done the samme migration to another iMAC 21" and it worked fine, all 3 open and so on.
Does anyone out there that has an idea of why it does not work on the MacBookPro?
The problem too is, that is keeps asking me about the Passwords for each e-mail account, and I cannot even remember it. Where can one find the key-chain info on passwords. There is a single place under Settings/Key, but after loggin in as adviced, nothing is there. Where are they so, when they are actually working well on that 27" machine?
Ignacio

you can use the Spotlight search : Command Spacebar

ref:Keychain Access User Guide for Mac

search for your account if in doubt, click it open, reveal the password, copy & paste...

for you mail issues if no insight or resolve— delete the account and add it back in

Mail.app>Settings>Accounts

Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 10:01 AM in response to adtelier

adtelier wrote:

Ignacio

you can use the Spotlight search : Command Spacebar

ref:Keychain Access User Guide for Mac

search for your account if in doubt, click it open, reveal the password, copy & paste...

for you mail issues if no insight or resolve— delete the account and add it back in

Mail.app>Settings>Accounts

Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Jul 23, 2023 10:24 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks, but it does not help me much, because I can see the Keychain Access place, but i don't know what to choose as I don't know how the email accounts passwords are named on the list.

And I cannot remove and reinstall them if I have to give them the samme password that is saved on the service provider's server. And I need to make sure there is not use CLud/ Cync because it can 'damage' also the accounts that work on the other 2 machines.

Jul 23, 2023 10:37 AM in response to adtelier

adtelier wrote:

Thanks, but it does not help me much, because I can see the Keychain Access place, but i don't know what to choose as I don't know how the email accounts passwords are named on the list.
And I cannot remove and reinstall them if I have to give them the samme password that is saved on the service provider's server. And I need to make sure there is not use CLud/ Cync because it can 'damage' also the accounts that work on the other 2 machines.

?

you search for your account in Keychain access, not THE password

here is an example.. <accounts.google.com (yourEmail@gmail.com)>

click open the account, reveal the password—copy the password...subsequently paste the password(?)

All the information is available on your other Mac... see your information there

Mail.app>Settings>Accounts>Server settings

Jul 23, 2023 10:49 AM in response to leroydouglas

Nothing with the likes of your samples, not a single word saying <accounts....etc.>

I give up, thanks for your trying to help me.

It all has gotten too complicated and different since the OS 13 arrived. One is not a techy just because one uses MACs, quiet the opposite. One uses Macs because they used to be, simple to manage and understand. Now, things happen and the usual recomendations are very 'experts oriented'.

Have good day.

My email accounts on Apple's Mail after migration from iMAC Ventura 13.4.1 to MacBookPro samme OS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.