Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Apple TV Not Working

I've tried restoring my Apple TV 3rd generation to factory setting so I can set it up with a new TV (it had not been used in quite some time, so I figured that would work the best) and had no problem restoring it, but when I plugged it back in to my TV I got a message that I needed to go to the support website and restore the TV again. The light keeps flashing on the Apple TV box as well.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Apparently the Restore wasn’t successful after all, and the Apple TV box is now not able to start up properly. Please try a restore through a computer again, to download a fresh copy of the system software onto it. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Power the unit at the indicated moment (step 4).

- Use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not a charging cable from another device).

- Please make note of the version system software.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 12:47 AM in response to isabellablain

Apparently the Restore wasn’t successful after all, and the Apple TV box is now not able to start up properly. Please try a restore through a computer again, to download a fresh copy of the system software onto it. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Power the unit at the indicated moment (step 4).

- Use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not a charging cable from another device).

- Please make note of the version system software.

Restore Apple TV Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.