My Tv is not working the text on the tv is support.apple.com/appletv/restore

my tv is not working

iPad mini 4

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:24 AM

It seems you have an Apple TV box that notified you that its system software may need to be restored.

First try a cold restart (not sleep-wake); see if that brings improvement.

If after that you get the same or similar error message, then the next step would be to get the software restored. How that is done, depends on the exact model that you have.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

If you see a warning symbol on Apple TV - Apple Support

For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), users can restore themselves, by connecting to a computer through USB.

For the Apple TV 4K models, users can’t do the restore themselves. Instead contact Apple Support for assistance.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 6:24 AM in response to Tvtitan

It seems you have an Apple TV box that notified you that its system software may need to be restored.

First try a cold restart (not sleep-wake); see if that brings improvement.

If after that you get the same or similar error message, then the next step would be to get the software restored. How that is done, depends on the exact model that you have.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

If you see a warning symbol on Apple TV - Apple Support

For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), users can restore themselves, by connecting to a computer through USB.

For the Apple TV 4K models, users can’t do the restore themselves. Instead contact Apple Support for assistance.

My Tv is not working the text on the tv is support.apple.com/appletv/restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.