Apple TV HD Stuck on “Preparing apple TV for restore”

I got an apple tv with no remote and no apple id tied to it and i tried to restore it using iTunes. It got trough the update but now i am stuck on it saying Preparing for update but it still shows the home menu.

Apple TV HD

Posted on May 27, 2023 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 4:58 PM

Verify that you followed the procedure as described on: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support, including:

1. Verify that you used a USB cable that supports data transfer. Some cables that are bundled with other products or accessories might only support charging those products (and not transmitting data). Or they might work only with the product with which they were sold. 
  2. Verify that you powered the device with a power cable at the indicated moment (step 4).
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 4:58 PM in response to dan_robo1446

Verify that you followed the procedure as described on: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support, including:

1. Verify that you used a USB cable that supports data transfer. Some cables that are bundled with other products or accessories might only support charging those products (and not transmitting data). Or they might work only with the product with which they were sold. 
  2. Verify that you powered the device with a power cable at the indicated moment (step 4).

Apple TV HD Stuck on “Preparing apple TV for restore”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.