Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't find update to latest release Big Sur

My current Big Sur version is: 11.01. I know the newest Big Sur is 11.2.1.

But when I manually press search for updates it is saying that I have the newest version wich is not true?

See screenshot.

How can I push a new update to the Mac. (maybe a virus of something else is wrong) I get no errors by seaching for a new update

MacBook

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 2:19 AM

Since already on 11.0.1 which dates back to Nov 23, 2020 - what happens if Booting in Recovery Mode - Command + r - immediately at startup and choose Reinstall macOS ? In theory - the lasted Full Installer should come down and install. It might be 11.2 or 11.2.1 but doubt the 11.2.2 will come. If it works - at least there is just one more to come as of this writing.

If I were you, make a Time Machine before attempting anything more.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 2:19 AM in response to gjfun

Since already on 11.0.1 which dates back to Nov 23, 2020 - what happens if Booting in Recovery Mode - Command + r - immediately at startup and choose Reinstall macOS ? In theory - the lasted Full Installer should come down and install. It might be 11.2 or 11.2.1 but doubt the 11.2.2 will come. If it works - at least there is just one more to come as of this writing.

If I were you, make a Time Machine before attempting anything more.

Mac won't find update to latest release Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.