Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music not synching from macbook

My music library is mainly on my macbook, it syncs to an iPad, iMac, and iPhone phone, but not to an apple tv. I have looked under Systems Preferences/ICloud on the macbook and although the devices above appear the Apple TV does not. The Apple TV show as logged into my iCloud account, I have logged out on the TV and logged back in, to my iCloud account, but it still does not show in Systems Preferences/ICloud on the Macbook. What am I not seeing?

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 2:02 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Nothing syncs with Apple TV, as it doesn’t store content. Instead it can stream from other LAN devices, or from the internet.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) can access your (online) iCloud Music Library (Apple Music/iTunes Match/iTunes Store Music) through the Music app.

Apple TV can access Home Sharing content (shared library from a computer) through the Computers app. [Pull: Control from Apple TV]

Apple TV can receive AirPlay music content, streamed from other devices. [Push: Control from sending device]

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 2:02 AM in response to slowdriver

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Nothing syncs with Apple TV, as it doesn’t store content. Instead it can stream from other LAN devices, or from the internet.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) can access your (online) iCloud Music Library (Apple Music/iTunes Match/iTunes Store Music) through the Music app.

Apple TV can access Home Sharing content (shared library from a computer) through the Computers app. [Pull: Control from Apple TV]

Apple TV can receive AirPlay music content, streamed from other devices. [Push: Control from sending device]

Mar 2, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Many thanks, I have checked and I have a 3rd Gen model which explains why I cannot directly access my (online) iCloud Music Library through the Music app.

For reasons that are nor clear and not worth going into at the moment neither can I access Home sharing through the Computers app. I'll call support since I think this is going to be a long conversation.

Thx for your assistance. Maybe I'll buy a more up-to-date model or just stream via Airplay to the AppleTv,

music not synching from macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.