Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection library Apple Tv

Hello,

i have a library with a lot of playlists of my OWN music video’s on my IMac.

when using “computers” on my Apple TV 4K to connect with my library on my IMac, the Apple TV gives that i can not connect to my library. And that i have to check of my Apple TV and library are connected on the same network.

but It is connected on the same network.

sharing on Apple TV is on. AirPlay is on. Everything on my Apple TV is set up correctly. Netwerk is on, and is the same.

with ITunes before, it worked perfect. Now is my library stored with Apple Music on my IMac and i have now a lot of problems of connecting with my library.

thanks

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Okay, then please try power cycling your network.

1. Unplug your modem from power for 2-3 minutes and then restart.
  2. Unplug your router from power for 2-3 minutes and then restart.
  3. Unplug your Apple TV from power for 2-3 minutes and then restart and retest.

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 16, 2021 9:02 AM in response to Peke1

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

On macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, activate Home Sharing in System Preferences:

System Preferences﹥Sharing﹥☑︎ Media Sharing﹥☑︎ Home Sharing﹥[Apple ID]

The Apple ID account for Home Sharing has to match for the computer and Apple TV box, or it will not get access.

Aug 16, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Peke1

That may indicate a network connection issue between the two devices. In addition to being on the same network, they must be in range of one another. Please check the network's strength where each device is located. When I have similar issues and know I have plenty of network strength where each device is located I simply restart each device and then re-check.

In my home, the computer (an iMac) is located on one end of my house and the Apple TV's are located on the other end. In order to have a great network connection on each of my wi-fi devices I installed a Mesh Network several years ago. Although an occasional modem and router restart is necessary overall it is very stable and provides a great signal throughout my house. My house is 1 story and about 2500 sq. ft. and is wood frame construction.

Aug 16, 2021 9:28 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Hello,

in my network, everything is connected by LAN. As my IMac and also my Apple TV.

I only using WiFi for iPhone and iPad.

even my television is connected by LAN.

my download speed has an average of 300 MBPS.

my network, LAN and WiFi is the same network. With Apple Time Machine, also connected by LAN.

even all my airport express are connected by LAN.

so I an assume that my network is very stable?

Connection library Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.