Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi My iPhone 8 plus home button is vibrating non every second stop, and I tried to force restart by holding the side button but it does not work

Hi My iPhone 8 plus home button is vibrating non every second stop, and I tried to force restart by holding the side button but it does not work

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:37 AM

carly1225 wrote:

That’s no surprise, because that’s not how you force restart.

On an iPhone 8 or later:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (up to 30 seconds)

The operative word is “quickly"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 6:37 AM in response to carly1225

carly1225 wrote:

That’s no surprise, because that’s not how you force restart.

On an iPhone 8 or later:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (up to 30 seconds)

The operative word is “quickly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.