Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing email on iphone to computer

When I delete email on my macbook pro I want it to delete on my iPhone, but it will not. How do I fix that so regardless where I delete all devices delete.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 5:04 PM

If you have a POP a email account, that not how it works. If you delete an email on one device it has no effect on the emails on another device. POP email account actions do not sync across devices. You need to have an IMAP email account to do what you want to do. See if your email provider offers IMAP and if so, convert your account to IMAP.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 5:04 PM in response to Dianna Deptula

If you have a POP a email account, that not how it works. If you delete an email on one device it has no effect on the emails on another device. POP email account actions do not sync across devices. You need to have an IMAP email account to do what you want to do. See if your email provider offers IMAP and if so, convert your account to IMAP.

Syncing email on iphone to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.