Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File upload dialog unresponsive

Whenever I try to upload a file or choose a file to open or a similar "choose file" dialog, the dialog is unresponsive to the mouse clicks. This regards all such dialogs, e.g. file upload dialog of any browser or file open dialog of Pages.

Keyboard navigation works, but the [Tab] key only switch between the left panel (Favourites, etc.) and the "Search" field, thus I'm unable to pick the file from the main section, as it is not focusable with the keyboard. Fortunately, the [Esc] key also works, so I'm able to close the dialog and "unfreeze" the underlying program.

As a workaround, I'm using drag&drop from the Finder.

I have this problem for at least a month, I thought it will be fixed sometime soon, but this annoys me too much already and the last update to Big Sur 11.2.2 did not help.

I captured a console stream of events, I don't understand much of it, but it might be helpful.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 4:37 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 3, 2021 4:59 AM in response to czabaj

Addendum: just realized, that I'm unable to click on (almost) anything in System Preferences, I can open a section for e.g. Security & Privacy, but unable to do any changes there. The top navigation allows me only to return back. Again, I can [Tab] between some navigation panel and "Search" field, but it is not enough to make any change in the dialog 😕

Mar 4, 2021 11:07 PM in response to czabaj

Seems to be solved after the restart. Strangely, I updated the macOS to 11.2.2 last week and the problem survived the installation of the update and restart, but now it helped. I tested whether this happens also in the "Safe mode", which had not this problem and after normal boot, the problem is gone.

File upload dialog unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.