Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch screen burned in

I have a burn-in issue with my apple watch. I contacted apple support and they set up a mail in repair for me, I sent the watch in and get the watch sent back unfixed. I talk to one of their manager and they said that it get sent back because the watch pased all the color test from Apple. How can a burn-in that easy to see by eyes can not detect at Apple? What should I do?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 12:29 PM

Here's what I advise for any iOS device with screen burn-in, “image persistance” issues,

Charge the device to 100%. Un-pair the Watch from your iPhone. Fully power down the watch.

DO NOT use or turn on for 3-4 days to let the screen pixels have enough time to “de-energise”.

If you turn on the watch prematurely and screen burn-in, “image persistance”, is still noticeable, you will only have to do this entire full procedure for another 3-4 days.

If this works, the screen burn-in “image persistance” should NOT return for some time.

This has happened with all of my iOS device at one time or another and with iPhones and iPads, I had to go the full straight 4 days to get rid of the screen burn-in.

It usually comes back anywhere between 9 months to two years, or so.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 12:29 PM in response to Huynn2727

Here's what I advise for any iOS device with screen burn-in, “image persistance” issues,

Charge the device to 100%. Un-pair the Watch from your iPhone. Fully power down the watch.

DO NOT use or turn on for 3-4 days to let the screen pixels have enough time to “de-energise”.

If you turn on the watch prematurely and screen burn-in, “image persistance”, is still noticeable, you will only have to do this entire full procedure for another 3-4 days.

If this works, the screen burn-in “image persistance” should NOT return for some time.

This has happened with all of my iOS device at one time or another and with iPhones and iPads, I had to go the full straight 4 days to get rid of the screen burn-in.

It usually comes back anywhere between 9 months to two years, or so.

Best of Luck to You!

Apple watch screen burned in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.