Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod quit working with my Apple TV 4K

I have an Apple TV 4K and initially purchased a HomePod mini to replace "She who shall not be named" and to use as a speaker for my Apple TV. It worked intermittently . As I read more about it, it appeared that the HomePod was supposed to be more reliable for a home theater, so I invested in a HomePod It arrived on Monday. Was easy to set up and worked beautifully with my apple tv. I am streaming all of my tv so I use the Apple TV a lot. Tuesday it worked beautifully again, as soon as I turned it on. Today (Wednesday). It won't work. I changed my modem/router to disable band steering. Reset it. Reset the HomePod . Removed the HomePod and reinstalled it on Home. In Home, it will say the HomePod is connected to the Apple TV, but no sound is coming out of it and the apple tv continually says it can't connect to the HomePod and wants me to change the default speaker back to the TV speakers. I am so frustrated. I've spent a lot of money on the HomePod and HomePod mini and now have nothing that works the way I thought it would! Can anyone please help?!

HomePod

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 3:46 AM

It may help to forget your Wi-Fi network in your phone, set it up again, then reset the HomePod. See the Press the top of HomePod to reset it section of Reset HomePod - Apple Support and follow the steps carefully as given.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

My HomePod quit working with my Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.