Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Running Slow

Hi,

I got my iPhone 11 in September 2019 and lately it’s been running really slow. But really just with my messages, Safari & Instagram. With Instagram, I have 4 accounts on the app and when I try to go to the different accounts it freezes. Or if I try to go to the likes page, it freezes. Then I have to close the app and go back in. When I go back in, it takes about 30 seconds to reload and reopen.

With the message & Safari apps, sometime when I go to the app from the homepage it freezes. Sometimes if I wait like a minute or so, it’ll load. But majority of the time I have to close them and reopen them.

Yes these times are short, but the phone is just about a year and a half old and it’s honestly acting like a 4. Because my moms 6 is acting stronger and faster than mine.

Please help.

Thanks

Billie

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 12:10 AM

There may be several reasons due to which an iPhone may behave as described by you. Some of them could be...

1. Battery health could also reduce performance --> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Incorrect handling of the iPhone --> Important handling information for iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Dust ingress into the iPhone - Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Water / Liquid entry into the iPhone---> Important safety information for iPhone - Apple Support
  5. Overheating due to exposure to the temperature beyond -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). especially in the car because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range -- Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...
  6. Service of an iPhone by an un-authorised service personnel / agency / store
  7. Modification / Alteration of an iPhone by a third party vendor
  8. iPhone is Jail Broken

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 12:10 AM in response to Makawao808

There may be several reasons due to which an iPhone may behave as described by you. Some of them could be...

1. Battery health could also reduce performance --> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Incorrect handling of the iPhone --> Important handling information for iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Dust ingress into the iPhone - Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Water / Liquid entry into the iPhone---> Important safety information for iPhone - Apple Support
  5. Overheating due to exposure to the temperature beyond -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). especially in the car because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range -- Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...
  6. Service of an iPhone by an un-authorised service personnel / agency / store
  7. Modification / Alteration of an iPhone by a third party vendor
  8. iPhone is Jail Broken

Iphone 11 Running Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.