Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call from Mac & HomePod Connection Issues

I have reset my WiFi, put my iPhone on Airplane mode, and forgot the network and restarted, yet my HomePod's will not connect when I ask it a question (e.g. play music) saying a problem with the connection. I am also unable to select my Mac Mini as an Audio source when dialing out on my iPhone. HOWEVER, if I start Pandora on my device I can successfully connect to the HomePod and am able to begin a call via my Mac Mini OR have the option to accept incoming calls on my Mac Mini.

I have had to reset my HomePods multiple times as they never pick up the WiFi my phone is on. I have had to change my WiFi setup a few times, causing a need to reset networks. I'm sure this is the problem, but I'm not sure what else to try other than starting from scratch again with the networks. But that's really not an option because I have re-setup numerous other devices and they all work fine. It is only the Apple devices not being responsive. Any guidance would be appreciated.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 5:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2021 10:34 AM in response to jrcart

jrcart wrote:

I have reset my WiFi, put my iPhone on Airplane mode, and forgot the network and restarted, yet my HomePod's will not connect when I ask it a question (e.g. play music) saying a problem with the connection.

You phone should be on the same Wi-Fi network as your HomePods, not in Airplane mode. Your phone should only have connection credentials for one visible Wi-Fi network in your home when you set up your HomePods, so that is the network that your phone and your HomePods both use.

tt2

Call from Mac & HomePod Connection Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.