Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone hasn’t finished restoring from the iCloud backup and I can’t proceed until it does. What do I do to fix that?

Just a little bit of history: 9 days ago I got scammed out of $2000 when someone claiming to be an Apple Support Tech was offering to help me get rid of viruses I got when I opened a link from what I thought was the USPS. My phone plan is paid for by family members, and in the effort to protect them, I reset my phone and put Applepay in my name with someone else’s help. Yesterday I got an email from Apple saying my Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. They don’t recognize my device, and I’ve only got 24 hours to resolve it. I don’t know what to do. I don’t have a computer or iPad anymore, only this phone. But how do I get the iCloud backup to be restored?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:57 AM

See this Apple support article→If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support. You can also contact Apple’s account security team directly→Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

3 replies

My iPhone hasn’t finished restoring from the iCloud backup and I can’t proceed until it does. What do I do to fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.