Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook air one of usb-c port is not charging

it's 6 weeks old M1 Macbook Air and I noticed that usb C port that is closer to the screen is not charging the device. Second port has no problem to charging it. I tried several different adapters, usb C wires and also another macbook. The problem with the usb C port. Most interesting part if I disconnect usb C connector and flip it then it will start charging on the same port.

I also tried to charge ipad from this port and it demonstrates similar behavior - one side is Not charging but flip to another side and it's charging

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 6:36 AM

Hello there den778,

We understand that you're having an issue reliably charging your Mac using one of the two available USB-C ports on it. You did a great job with those initial troubleshooting steps. Next, let's go over the rest of these steps mentioned here:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook

Any change after going over those steps in order? If not, then there may be an issue with your Mac or power adapter/cable. If that's the case, check out these resources to help explore service options and get your Mac checked out in person: Mac Service and Repair

We hope this helps!

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 6:36 AM in response to den778

Hello there den778,

We understand that you're having an issue reliably charging your Mac using one of the two available USB-C ports on it. You did a great job with those initial troubleshooting steps. Next, let's go over the rest of these steps mentioned here:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook

Any change after going over those steps in order? If not, then there may be an issue with your Mac or power adapter/cable. If that's the case, check out these resources to help explore service options and get your Mac checked out in person: Mac Service and Repair

We hope this helps!

Take care.

M1 Macbook air one of usb-c port is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.