Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar on my MacBook gets very warm?

Hey. I have a 13inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I’ve noticed above the touchbar and the area below the laptop where it is gets quite warm as soon as I turn it on and with not much use. It doesn’t get really hot but just constantly warm and maybe a little hotter sometimes. Is this normal to happen?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Hi mattlyukea,

The area between the Touch Bar and the Display is likely to be also quite warm then ?

Wondering if the tick-box suggestion below would help, in your case, as it seems to have worked for others.

Open System Preferences (choose from menu that opens on clicking the apple icon at left of top menu bar)

click on "Battery"

if not ticked , tick "Enable power nap while on battery power".

Click on "Power Adapter" (in that left menu) also tick "Enable Power nap while plugged into a power adapter."

If you already had those ticked:

You might want to check that the MacBook Pro's vents along the side and on the back (that let fans bring in cool air and expel air) aren't blocked .... (that's one of the tips in Apple's support article on fans: link below)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202179

All the best

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 7:40 PM in response to mattlukea

Hi mattlyukea,

The area between the Touch Bar and the Display is likely to be also quite warm then ?

Wondering if the tick-box suggestion below would help, in your case, as it seems to have worked for others.

Open System Preferences (choose from menu that opens on clicking the apple icon at left of top menu bar)

click on "Battery"

if not ticked , tick "Enable power nap while on battery power".

Click on "Power Adapter" (in that left menu) also tick "Enable Power nap while plugged into a power adapter."

If you already had those ticked:

You might want to check that the MacBook Pro's vents along the side and on the back (that let fans bring in cool air and expel air) aren't blocked .... (that's one of the tips in Apple's support article on fans: link below)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202179

All the best

Touch Bar on my MacBook gets very warm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.